Are you a Doctor, Engineer, Accountant, Architect, a CPA or a management consultant owning a professional service office? If so would you like to increase your market presence or announce to the world that you exist! Well then time to convert your static website into a interactive responsive mode. Add social media to your website and speak about your services and achievements. Khacreation uses opensource Drupal platform to help you design website your way, for a much affordable cost.
Here is a example of a law firm – Royse Law Firm in this slideshare shows how plan your public campaigns and increase your social reach through social media, branding, marketing tools, referrals and transparency. Check out their website http://www.rroyselaw.com/ for more insight on website design and layout.
(source : Catherine Carlock The Business Journal)
The rapidly changing technology of Web development and the ever-increasing importance of having a robust online presence can make it challenging for small businesses to know what to look for when choosing a Web developer to build or improve a website or online portfolio.
But the connection between a Web developer and small business owner is the same as any other business relationship, and thus should be approached with the same standards and expectations, says Doug Powell, a Minneapolis-based designer and entrepreneur who serves as board president for the American Institute of Graphic Arts.
“The whole process is very parallel to hiring an accountant or a lawyer or any other sort of outside service person,” Powell says.
The continuum of Web developers ranges from independent freelancers to global agencies with offices around the world and hundreds on staff. But a good first step in choosing a developer, Powell says, is to identify between three and five possible resources along that continuum and arrange informational meetings with each.
Business owners should have a solid business plan in place prior to developing the website and not use the website itself as a business plan, says Bill Cullifer, executive director and founder of the World Organization of Webmasters, a nonprofit professional organization based in Folsom, Calif.
“I get calls still with people thinking their website’s going to be their business plan, when it just doesn’t make sense,” Cullifer says.
Decision makers should approach the meeting with a clear understanding of the business’ needs, goals and strategies, rather than with a preconceived idea of how the website should look.
“Don’t even think about a preconception about whether it’s an information site or an e-commerce site or a social network site,” Powell says. “If you go in with too many preconceptions, then you’re going to probably eliminate a lot of possibilities, and you’re going to change the dynamic of that conversation pretty dramatically. It might prevent you from really getting to know that person or that firm in the way that you need to determine if they’re going to be a good business partner for you.”
At the meeting, it’s a good idea to ask the developer what the focus of their business is — be it public relations, advertising, website design or Web development. Also ask for references, as well as examples of previous work.
“It’s most important to select somebody that has the skills that you need, and that you can work with, just like hiring a general contractor in many ways,” Cullifer says. “You wouldn’t call a plumber to frame your house. Because the Web is relatively new to a lot of people, that often happens.”
Outlining goals and strategies should allow the potential Web partner to understand the business, thus enabling them to give feedback and make recommendations.
After receiving recommendations from those potential partners and understanding what options are out there, business owners should craft a clear and concise request for proposal.
The returned proposals should include pricing structure, which can vary hugely.
If a company needs to build a new website, fees could range from $10,000 at the low end to $200,000 at the high end, Powell says.
“There are so many different ways to build essentially the same tool at this point,” Powell says.
A national study of total compensation for design professions found that less than 50 percent of back-end Web developers earn less than $70,000 per year — which equates to less than $35 per hour, or $280 per day. The same survey found that less than 50 percent of front-end developers earn less than $60,000 per year, or about $30 per hour or $240 per day.
Back-end developers handle Web server systems and databases, while front-end developers utilize Web technologies to create sites based on information provided by a design team, according to the survey, which was jointly completed by the AIGA and Aquent, a global marketing and design staffing solutions firm.
With such a fluid price range, it’s important to evaluate each proposal seriously and make sure the selected proposal will most aptly fit the business’ needs.
“The more you can do your homework about what it is you’ll need, the better,” Cullifer says. “Just because it’s cheaper doesn’t always mean that it’s better.”
And it’s also important to think beyond the website’s initial launch to ongoing maintenance, so make sure to inquire what the developer’s policy and billing structure is for that service.
“You can assume that at some point, you’re going to hit a bump in the road, and you’re going to need help fixing something or refining something,” Powell says.
- Arrange informational meetings with three to five Web developers, ranging from independent freelance contractors to large firms.
- Approach the meeting with a clearly established business plan, but remain open to other possibilities about the function and look of the website.
- Ask for references and examples of previous work and assess if those websites are usable or appealing.
I do agree that using no social media is like you are in living in the 18th century. Using Social Media has become an integral part of our daily life to be connection. But while you are at it; have you thought of security aspects while using social medias like twitter, google+, facebook; adding friends and connections to your profile. Yes you dont bother when you befriend unknown person in a spur of the moment or keep your profile open for the public. But when you really sit back and think about it then you will be wary of cyber-related crimes. Security should more important than entertainment and community.
In fact there is no loss only benefit on being proactive with personal online security. So go ahead follow these tips and take care before hand:
- Configure your operating system, update your computer’s operating system and software to protect yourself from security breech. Antivirus and Malaware bytes help too.
- Before clicking any link or opening a website by hovering your mouse over the link so you can review the full address before you click. Keep your firewall and antivirus updated.
- Pay attention! Small changes can cause big problems if you’re not careful. For example, Facebook changed your default email to @facebook.com. This means that a whole new group of marketers and spammers will be able to contact you much more easily than ever before. Whether you like this (or not), adjust your privacy settings to protect yourself from possible issues.
- Always create strong and long password using capitals alpha numeric letters and symbols. Do not use same password for multiple site. If hacked the hacker can get hands on all sites. There is a online password manager like LastPass to keep track of your password or you can save your passwords in a excel sheet. You can also convert your password into a hint to protect if you are having trouble remembering passwords.
- For playing games you would need high speed internet and less interruption; so unknowing you may switch security off. Do not disable the security software instead you could get a game mode for your security software. Its twin benefit will keep your protected.
- Download your files from the original software developers. If you choose to take the risk of using P2P take precautions like reading the user comments before your download a file. Protect Against P2P and Pirated Software. Popular P2P sites offer accurate rating system as to how these downloadable files have performed for other users
- Revealing too much information like a middle name or a pet name could be just enough to tip off a cyber criminal.
- Choose Your Friends Carefully. Take time to filter who you accept into your inner circle. If you get a friend request from someone you don’t know, a hacker may be waiting at the other end!
- Downloading videos will definitely harbor virus activities. Download a trustworthy source of video player. Avoid installing software from file sharing sites. Take care about *.exe files they are not needed in videos.
- Be Cautious When Using Wi-Fi Hotspots or free Wi-Fi spots. Before you connect, verify that the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) is from a legitimate service. Do not connect to random, unsecured Wi-Fi networks. It increases your risk. And use a Virtual Private Network, if you can. A VPN allows you to route all your activity through a separate, secure, private network, even if you’re on a public one. Several services are available, or you can even go with an app like Hotspot Shield, which sets a VPN up for you automatically.
- Staying vigilant is a good start, but it’s just not enough. Don’t be lulled into a false sense of security, no matter what your age. You will not only avoid becoming another statistic, you’ll also do your part to keep the Internet safe for your online community.
Do you remember flicking a telephone directory to find a person or know more about services or a product. Internet usage has changed it all. Now if you want to search you just Google it or search it on other search engines like yahoo or bing on a computer or a mobile. Typing a word “Apple” in a Google search will show you a entire list relating to Apple Inc, website, news, stock prices, stores, products, Wikipedia, people related like Steve Jobs etc. I don’t even have to give you the introduction of the company that is huge multinational American company selling personal computers, consumer electronics both hardware and software. In fact the fruit ” apple” comes after apple computer in Wikipedia. Isn’t that amusing ?
Creating a website is a important business tool for companies to show their entity, existence and details of the products/services. It is also important to use a marketing strategy to keep your website page well in reach of visitors to convert them into customers.
The former Finance Minister of India Shri Pranab Mukherjee was sworn-in as the 13th President of India this 25th of July, 2012. A hearty congratulations to the President from Kha Creation family.
For real development to be achieved, “the poorest of our land must feel that they are part of the narrative of rising India,” Pranab Mukherjee said to a burst of clapping, shortly after he was sworn in as the 13th President on Wednesday in the historic Central Hall of Parliament. In a brief acceptance speech, Mr. Mukherjee placed “economic equity” above all the basic “fundamentals” of a modern nation — democracy, secularism, equality of every region and language and gender equality (source The Hindu)
Video showing Oath taking ceremony of Shri Pranab Mukherjee as 13th Indian President.
Take your website mobile – talk to us today about how to do it. We have the expert coders who can give your site the flexibility it needs.
Don’t neglect one of the easiest ways to increase traffic to your site – add quality, relevant content via a blog.
Blog posting is easy for a non-technical person to do, and they can be short and informal. What are you waiting for?